Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Poppy Toast

No, this isn't another recipe. It's the result of my entering this blog into a Blog Explosion contest. I got my rump tenderized, to use the argot of the chef de cuisine.

Of course, being the competitive sort, I'm not content to rest upon my non-existent laurels.

No, I bravely forget ahead, sugar bowl in hand, peering into the stew pot that is this blog, wondering how much sugar I'll need to add to eradicate the effects of having accidently dumped too much salt into the ragout.

One thing I'm thinking about is tweaking my template. I don't know whether I feel like getting a snappy professionally-designed template, like the one on my other blog. I mean, hey, that design cost money! No, I was thinking along the lines of what I've been doing to my other other blog. Just fooling around with the colors.

I've started by turning the blog titles avocado green. My question to you, oh non-existent readers, is whether I should continue in this direction. I was thinking a pale, sickly shade of yellowish green for the background, and maybe make some of the other fonts show up in a dark, badly-bruised-looking shade of purple.

What do you think? It makes perfect sense to me that, since my topic is basically, nausea, I should make this blog as horrible looking as I can. And since so many of the recipes I mock are from the 60s and 70s, I thought a hideous color scheme of avocado green, harvest gold, and burnt pumpkin would work nicely.

On the other hand, if I make people spew all over their keyboards, I'll never win the Battle of the Blogs.

All suggestions gladly accepted. Comment away! "Love," as the singer was wont to sing "has no pride," and I do love this silly little blog.

1 comment:

Susanna Duffy said...

My elderly neighbour, Queenie, is thrilled to have you leasing her 4 X 6 space on her blog. Now she wants me to get the ingredients for kitty Litter cake, you may have started something here .....