Saturday, February 18, 2006

Dinosaur Eggs--They're What's For Breakfast!

Ack, I just realized that I entered this blog into a Blog Explosion challenge against Jane Loves Tarzan. When I really meant to enter my other blog, which is a more general, personal diary type of read. Whoops.

And now I've got 30 credits riding on a blog whose sole purpose is to make fun of a bunch of bad recipes. What to do?

Jump right the hell in, that's what.

So here's the latest monstrosity I discovered. Something short, if not sweet. For the record, this recipe comes from the River Road Recipes cookbook, a publication of the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. No, I don't have the cookbook handy. It's elsewhere. So unfortunately, I can't type in the recipe verbatim. But why would I need to? This recipe only has two ingredients:

Dinosaur Eggs

Four eggs (chicken eggs, duh)
One can Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup

Break eggs into bowl. Mix until well scrambled. Mix in can of soup. (Do not add water!) Scramble in a pan over low heat. Serve.

Mmm-mm good!™

Actually, it sort of sounds like dog vomit.

And I don't care how many home economics graduates the Campbell Soup company can get to line up and assure me, one after the other, that this glop would be edible. I cry foul.

[Or fowl. Hee!]

At any rate--not to sound like Pat Robertson, but a recipe like this makes you realize why Hurricane Katrina whalloped Louisiana, doesn't it?

3 comments:

jane said...

lol to be honest, I thought you'd entered your felix the cat blog too & I knew I'd lose. I wouldn't have even noticed you didn't enter it, but someone told me to read your post.
So, dinosaur eggs, eh? lol

I do love your other blog. It has got 1 of the best designs I've ever seen & very, very unique.
Do I say thank you? How about, your mistake made me smile? Whatever...you've got a great blog.

Sarah said...

Found this site on Chicago Bloggers. Weird. I've had your Opiate blog on my list of faves for months.

I live 10 train stations north of you. That sounds like I live in Wisconson but I live in L.F., IL.

Fascinating, no?

Sarah said...

Hey, Poppy, thanks for checking out my fabulous blog and life. If you leave another comment I'll treat you to some more horrible Junior League recipes. And if you're really nice I'll share a Squirrel Stew recipe with you.